Weekend challenges are special events that last three days that were added in the Monsters, Inc. Update. They are composed of several quests that must be completed in one round to gain EXP towards prizes.
During Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Thursday was included prior to the Nightmare Before Christmas Update), a weekend challenge for a certain world will be hosted. The player must be connected to the internet to play.
The player is given three starting quests to play. Each must be completed in one round. If the player fails to complete it, they can either use Tickets to continue (the cost increases by an interval of four each time) or choose to lose one of their five maximum lives. Every twenty minutes, one of these lives will regenerate.
Each quest requires a specific figure. Enchanted figures are not used. Much like Daily Missions, quests can not be played if the figure is not owned and secret figures can only be featured in a quest if they are owned by the player.
If a player completes a quest they will receive experience points (225 for a Classic, 250 for a Rare, 275 for an Epic). When the EXP fills a bar, the player will receive the prize above it.
Prizes (In Order Earned)
- 100 coins
- Exclusive Rare/Epic Figurine
- 250 pixels
- Exclusive Enchanted Figurine
The challenge will end once the player unlocks the Enchanted figure or at midnight on the last day.
|First Appearance||Challenge||World||Midpoint Figure||Enchanted Figure|
|September 1- 4, 2016||Crew of the Flying Dutchman Challenge||Pirates of the Caribbean||Maccus||Davy Jones|
|September 7- 11, 2016||Baby Dory Challenge||Finding Dory||Fluke||Baby Dory|
|September 14- 18, 2016||Simba's Parents Challenge||The Lion King||Sarabi||Spirit Mufasa|
|September 22- 25, 2016||Wedding Night Challenge||Wreck-It Ralph||Breath Mint||Wedding Tuxedo Ralph|
|September 29- October 2, 2016||Put That Thing Back Where It Came From Or So Help Me Challenge||Monsters, Inc.||Fungus||Boo in Costume|
|October 5- 9, 2016||Prince Ali Challenge||Aladdin||Elephant Abu||Prince Ali|
|October 13- 16, 2016||The Claw Challenge||Toy Story||Mr. Pricklepants||Alien|
|October 28- 30, 2016||Halloween 2016 Challenge||The Nightmare Before Christmas||Igor||Winged Demon|
|November 4- 6, 2016||Pub Thugs Challenge||Tangled||Big Nose||Shorty|
|November 11- 13, 2016||Little Rodentina Challenge||Zootopia||Fru Fru||Duke Weaselton|
|November 18- 20, 2016||Mowgli's Family Challenge||The Jungle Book||Gray||Raksha|
|November 25- 27, 2016||Dream Challenge||Big Hero 6||Megabot||Fantasy Fred|
|December 2- 4, 2016||Chessur Challenge||Alice Through The Looking Glass||Borogrove||Cheshire Kitten|
|December 9- 11, 2016||Attic Ghosts Challenge||Haunted Mansion||Hatbox Ghost||Constance The Bride|
|December 16- 18, 2016||Christmas 2016 Challenge||Wreck-It Ralph||Elf Vanellope||Santa Ralph|
|December 23- 25, 2016||Holiday 2016 Challenge||The Nightmare Before Christmas||Skeletal Reindeer||Santa Jack|
|December 30, 2016 - January 1, 2017||New Years 2017 Challenge||Inside Out||New Years 2017 Sadness||New Years 2017 Joy|
|January 6- 8, 2017||Old Timers Challenge||Mickey Mouse & Friends||Steamboat Minnie||Father Time|
|January 13- 15, 2017||Lalotai Challenge||Moana||Eel||Tamatoa|
|January 20- 22, 2017||CDA Challenge||Monsters, Inc.||Charlie||Agent 001|
|January 27- 29, 2017||Fa Family Wise Ones Challenge||Mulan||Grandmother Fa||First Ancestor Fa|
|February 3 - 5, 2017||Enemy Fish Challenge||Finding Dory||Jellyfish||AnglerFish|
|February 10 - 12, 2017||On Stranger Tides Challenge||Pirates of the Caribbean||Philip Swift||Syrena|
|February 17 - 19, 2017||Bonnie's Toys Challenge||Toy Story||Chuckles||Buttercup|
|February 24 - 26, 2017||Syndrome Challenge||The Incredibles||Syndrome's Island Guard||Syndrome|
|March 3 - 5, 2017||Lalotai Troubles Challenge||Moana||Eight Eyed Bat||Sharkhead Maui|
|March 10 - 12, 2017||Pessimists Challenge||Mulan||Chi-Fu||Stone Dragon Mushu|
|March 17 - 19, 2017||Tale As Old As Time Challenge||Beauty and The Beast||The Magic Mirror||Ballroom Belle|
|March 24 - 26, 2017||Turbo Time Challenge||Wreck-It Ralph||Blue Racer||Turbo|
|March 31 - April 2, 2017||Dream Productions Challenge||Inside Out||Dream Director||Rainbow Unicorn|
|April 7 - 9, 2017||P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way Challenge||Finding Dory||Coffee Pot||Philip Sherman|
|April 14 - 16, 2017||Song As Old As Rhyme Challenge||Beauty and The Beast||Human Chip||Ballroom Beast|
|April 21 - 23, 2017||Earth Day 2017 Challenge||Lilo & Stitch||Hawaiian Shirt Jumba||Earth Day Stitch|
|April 28 - 30, 2017||Toy Story 3 Toys Challenge||Toy Story||Sparks||Peas-in-a-Pod|
|May 5 - 7, 2017||Jafar's Takeover Challenge||Aladdin||Jester Sultan||Red Dress Jasmine|
|May 12 - 14, 2017||Misfortune Challenge||Pirates of the Caribbean||Skeleton Jack Sparrow||Redhead|
|May 26 - 28, 2017||The Curse Is Broken Challenge||Beauty and The Beast||Puppy FrouFrou||Human Garderobe|
|June 2 - 4, 2017||Friend Like Me Challenge||Aladdin||Sultan Genie||Kitten Rajah|
|June 9 - 11, 2017||Dead Men Tell No Tales Challenge||Pirates of the Caribbean||Trident Ghost Captain Salazar||Young Jack Sparrow|
|July 28-30, 2017||Cars Legends Challenge||Cars||Tex Dinoco||Fabulous Lightning McQueen|
|August 11-13, 2017||Immortals Challenge||Pirates of the Caribbean||Cursed Will Turner||Purple Coat Hector Barbossa|
|August 18-20, 2017||Radiator Springs Challenge||Cars||Sheriff||Fabulous Hudson Hornet|
|September 8-10, 2017||Storm Challenge||Cars||Gale Beaufort||Lightning Storm McQueen|
|October 27-29, 2017||Halloween 2017 Challenge||Lilo & Stitch||Witch Lilo||Vampire Stitch|
|December 1-3, 2017||Three Wishes Challenge||Aladdin||Golden Camel||Dragon Genie|
|December 8-10, 2017||Hawaiian Holiday Challenge||Lilo & Stitch||Elf Pleakey||Santa Jumba|
|January 19-21, 2018||Woo-oo! Challenge||DuckTales||Lena||Headless Man-Horse|
- If a player does not own any characters from a world and tries to access the Weekend Challenge for the world, they will be given one of the characters of the world to use in the Challenge. However, this character can not be used outside of the Challenge, so the player will have to obtain it on their own.
- Unlike with Daily Missions, new high scores achieved during the challenge will not be saved.
- The Earth Day 2017 Lilo and Stitch Challenge was the first challenge to feature an Epic figure (Hawaiian Shirt Jumba) as a prize rather than a Rare character.
- If the player is still holding a Lucky Cricket after completing a quest in a Mulan Weekend Challenge, they will still have the ability to play for additional time before receiving their EXP.
- If the player is given an offline notice upon starting a quest and they exit the challenge, it will count as a lost life.
- In the Windows version of the game, the player is able to unlock Imperial Messenger Mushu, who can't be unlocked in other game versions, through a Mulan challenge.
- In the Windows and Amazon versions of the game, the player is able to unlock Baymax Super Suit through a Big Hero 6 challenge.
- The Old Timers Mickey Mouse and Friends Weekend Challenge ended abruptly for some users.
- A glitch can cause a player to not be able to delete their quests, wasting 15 coins each time without a change in the quest.
- The Toy Story 3 Toys Toy Story Weekend Challenge often repeats itself, appearing various weeks afterward. This seems to be a placeholder for uncoded weekend challenges.
- When weekend challenges repeat, a possible glitch exists that can cause a player to face a weekend challenge of characters they may already own (such as Sparks and Peas in a Pod) and will still render them able to "unlock" them.
- The Halloween 2017 Lilo & Stitch challenge first occurred before Vampire Stitch and Witch Lilo were fully encoded in the game. As a result, players were shown that they had unlocked the figures despite their lack of existence. The figures were unplayable and invisible when being shown.
- The first Weekend Challenge of the DuckTales Update, an Aladdin challenge, accidentally provided quests to be done in other worlds such as Tangled or Haunted Mansion to some players. The quests were replaced on the final day of the challenge.